Follow Brad Foster
Subscribe to blog to get pertinent insights about energy supply and utilities.
- How Much Is Your Energy Broker’s Commission?
- Broker to Broker Outsourcing Leading to Fat Energy Supply Prices
- Fake Energy Consultants Two-Timing Consumers with Double-Dip
- Going Once, Going Twice – Sold! Bad Energy Deals to Consumers in the Dark
- Businesses Hoodwinked By Energy Brokers Dodging Upcharge Disclosure
Link to Article About Possible Suspension of Energy Broker License Due to Discovery of Hidden Energy Broker Fee
This article sheds light on three key things, confirming my statements about the practices of energy brokers. 1) Energy brokers are compensated via hidden upcharges built into the energy supply price. 2) Energy broker fees are outrageously high. Apparently, the broker had built in a hidden fee of $60,000 / year into an electricity supply agreement. Over a 3 year period, the hidden fee amounted to $180,000. 3) Worse, the hidden broker fee was an upcharge of an additional $60,000/year to an agreed upon fee of $24,000/year. This is a common practice employed by energy brokers. The broker creates the illusion of fee transparency, but adds additional fees to the […]